Motioneering® Application Engine
Announcing MOTIONEERING® Application Engine – Kollmorgen's latest release of their FREE premier motion sizing and selection software. This release features the new KBM™ Series Frameless Kit brushless motors with our AKD™ servo drive family, complementing their existing rotary and linear actuation systems. Sizing frameless motors and drive systems has never been easier. Using a mechanism project concept for collecting and saving multiple axes of load information, MOTIONEERING® can automatically calculate application results and compare against a database catalog of systems – recommending to their customers the most optimized set of Kollmorgen system solutions available.
The software sizing engine has the flexibility to sum the effects of multiple axes of motion for power supply and shunt regeneration sizing (rotary applications only). Versatile units-of-measure selection options for mechanism and motion profile data-entry, with the ability to convert data into other available units, makes this a convenient international tool. A user-friendly Help file teaches program functions and algorithms used to provide results.
MOTIONEERING® Online NEW and Improved Features:
- Inertia Calculator - lets you build up inertia based on odd shapes by additive or subtractive methods
- Custom motion profile - easy to add entire segments or copy segments to repeat
- Environmental Factor - takes into account your ambient temperature
- Project by Project Units - You can tailor your units on a project by project basis, or use the global units settings
The Engineer's Toolbar provides a convenient engineering toolbar to facilitate common technical calculations. Engineers and students alike will find this free tool to be extremely useful.
Click to View Screenshots:
Download Toolbar (1.2MB)
- Unit conversion
- 28 parameters, hundreds of units
- Densities of materials - broad selection of materials and elements
- Inertia calculations
- Spherical shell
- Slender rod
- Integrates with MOTIONEERING® Application Engine and other programs utilizing a simple copy and paste function
- Trigonometric and calculus reference
Smart Motion Cheat Sheet
The Smart Motion Cheat Sheet was created to provide the system designer the information most commonly used to properly determine the torque at speed required by a given application and to give some guidelines for selecting the most appropriate motor-drive system to deliver that required torque at speed.
- Sizing Formulae
- Interpretation of Torque/Speed Curve
- Sizing/Selection Flow Chart
- Symbols & Definitions
- Common Engineering Unit Conversions & Much More
Motion Control Terminology
The Motion Control Terminology Primer is a two-page concise White Paper covering the following topics:
- Motion Control
- Motion Controllers
- Drives and Amplifiers
- Feedback Sensors
- Mechanical Systems