A Rotary Stage is a mechanical component of a motion system used to rotate an object in a single axis or plane of rotation. The terms rotary stage or rotary table are often used interchangeably with rotary stage. All rotary stages consist of a platform and a base, joined by some form of bearing or guide in such a way that the platform is restricted to rotation about a single axis or plane with respect to the base. In common usage, the term rotary stage may or may not also include the mechanism by which the angular position of the platform is controlled relative to the base.
ServoBelt Rotary Stages from Bell Everman are compact, high-torque rotary stages that offer through hole size and speed comparable to direct-drive rotary tables costing thousands more.
- Room in the Middle. ServoBelt Rotary stages offer two different through hole configurations. Available with 50-, 100- or 200-mm center openings, our large through hole stages accommodate large bundles of power, signal and pnuematic conductors. They also make it easy to integrate laser and optical systems. Standard-sized models with 16- or 25-mm through holes offer a more economical choice when fewer utilities need to pass through the center of the stage.
- Direct Drive Performance. Designed for NEMA 23 and 34 motors, the ServoBelt rotary stages offer speeds up to 1,000 rpm, continuous torque to 6.6 N-m and resolution down to 0.16 arc-sec with Renishaw ring encoders or tape scales for partial rotation.
- Application Flexibility. ServoBelt Rotary stages support both continuous rotation and variable indexing applications.
- Robust, Lubed-for-Life Bearings. ServoBelt Rotary stages incorporate large full duplex, angular contact bearings, imparting moment and load capacities far in excess of its usual application requirements. This excess load capacity translates into virtually limitless bearing life.
- Cost Effective. ServoBelt Rotary stages offer an economical solution for a variety of medium-duty rotary motion jobs such as driving carousel tables on packaging and assembly machines and providing fourth-axis rotary motion for laser cutting and mini CNC machines.
Lintech's family of cost-effective short-delivery Rotary Stages include:
The 300 & 400 Series Rotary Stages from Lintech. Each offers precision performance and design flexibility for use in a wide variety of Motion Control applications, including:
- Pick & Place
- Part Scanning
- Inspection Stations
- General Automation
- Test Stands
- Part Insertion
- Laser Positioning
- Liquid Dispensing
- Semiconductor Processing
The 300 Series
tables feature a rigid pair of quality angular contact bearings which produce smooth table top rotation. The low backlash precision worm gear drive provides exceptional accuracy and repeatability. All aluminum components have a black anodized finish and each table can have either a NEMA 23 or 34 motor mount attached. Threaded steel inserts in the table top provide for easy mounting of the user load while the 0.75 inch (19 mm) through hole provides easy access from below.
The 400 Series tables feature a rigid pair of 4 point contact radial ball bearings which produce smooth table top rotation. The low backlash precision bronze and steel worm gear drive provide years of high accuracy and superb repeatability. This rugged construction offers load capacities of 1000 pounds (453 kgf) and moment loads of 225 ft-lbs (305 N-m). The NEMA 34 motor mount and bushing can be positioned radially 360 degrees for convenient motor location. The large 4.5 inch (114 mm) through hole provides easy access from below.
Features common to all Lintech Rotary Stages:
- Optional: Cover plates, gearheads, EOT & Home switches, linear & rotary encoders, power-off electric brakes, motor wrap packages and versatile mounting brackets for multiple axis applications
- Multiple gear ratio options
- A variety of NEMA and metric motor mounts and couplings